Before you help out in a classroom or at any event with children, please be sure to complete the PPS Volunteer Background Check: Click Here
***To volunteer in your student’s classroom, please work directly with the teacher to find the best time and scenario for you both.***
Faubion Families United has opportunities to volunteer in our school across several areas. Don’t see anything you are interested in below? Feel like there’s an obstacle to getting into the school for volunteer work that we can help you with? Talk to our Volunteer Coordinator (Jenn Maddox), or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org . Many jobs can be done in your own home in small chunks of time. We can help you connect where you would most like to be in Faubion!
If you are interested in any volunteer work below, please email your name and phone number to email@example.com. We will get in touch with you and connect you with the team of your choice!
- Equity work: Faubion parents have created a great space where equity is the priority. Join in to help develop future plans and further equity at our school!
- Grant Writing Team: Do you have a talent for writing grants? Join the team! We have several opportunities to find grants that will support our school garden, field trips for our teachers, educational and cultural opportunities and equity work.
- Garden Club: Open to all community members to help plan and coordinate garden education, planting, maintenance and harvesting during the school year and beyond. No experience necessary and no minimum work or time commitment is required. Help us make the most of the garden space today!
- Fundraising Team: We always need those who are great at connecting with resources in our community to raise funds.
- Community Cooking: Throughout the school year, we provide meals to show our appreciation for the teachers and staff members who work with our kids all day. These events are usually catered, and help coordinating them, setting them up and breaking down the food is always needed. We also have a teaching kitchen where you can share your love of food by running a cooking class or helping to prep a special treat for an event.
- Movie Night: Help plan and put on a fun evening with snacks and movies the whole family can enjoy!
- Auction Team: Help with our biggest fundraiser of the year!
- SWAG Team: help create and sell stuff with the Faubion logo.
- PTA Board: Interested in business? Join the PTA board in one of several leadership positions available!
- Volunteer Coordinator: Help connect teachers and projects with eager volunteers! Most work can be done outside of school hours and will require use of email.
- Library Re-shelving: Our librarian is hard at work interacting with students and needs help re-shelving books and organizing the space. Work would take place during school hours, potentially in recurring shifts.
- Art Prep: Mr. Gunderson has lots of cool projects happening in the art studio. He needs a hand prepping materials, cutting paper, etc. Contact Mr. Gunderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Teacher Support: The best way to help in your student’s classroom is to contact the classroom teacher directly.
- PTA Clothing Center: Five to Six volunteers are needed on Monday, Sept. 10th, 2018 and Monday, April 22nd, 2019 from 9:30am – 1:30pm. Please let Jenn Maddox know if you can make it!
- Garden Educator: – Are you passionate about education and gardening?
– Do you have experience growing and maintaining your own garden (even if it’s just in pots or raised beds) or experience working with groups of students?
– Would you like to help Faubion students access outdoor education and learn how to grow their own food through STEAM-based programming?
If so, apply to become a garden educator with the support of our garden partner, Growing Gardens. Training, curriculum and support provided. Email email@example.com with your name and phone number. We will respond as soon as possible!